Graves’ disease is an immune system ailment that leads to the over-production of thyroid hormones (hyperthyroidism). Even though several disorders can lead to hyperthyroidism, this type of disease is a general cause.
Thyroid hormones impact a lot of body systems, so indications and symptoms of this disease can be widespread. Even though Graves’ disease may impact anyone, it’s more frequent amongst women and in those younger than age forty.
The primary treatment objectives are to decrease the amount of thyroid hormones that the body creates and reduce the intensity of symptoms.
Graves’ Disease Symptoms
Common indications and symptoms of Graves’ disease comprise of:
- Irritability and nervousness
- A minute tremor of the fingers or hands
- Sensitive to heat and a development in perspiration or warm, moist skin
- Loss of weight, in spite of normal eating habits
- Thyroid gland (goiter) enlargement
- Menstrual cycle changes
- ED or decreased libido
- Repeated bowel movements
- Eye bulging (Graves’ ophthalmopathy)
- Thick, reddish skin typically on the shins or on tops of the feet (Graves’ dermopathy)
- Speedy or irregular abnormal (palpitations)
- Sleep disruption
Around thirty percent of people that have Graves’ disease show some indications and symptoms of Graves’ ophthalmopathy. This disease, sometimes called thyroid eye disease, inflammation and other immune system occurrences impact muscles and other tissues around your eyes. Indications and symptoms might comprise of:
- Bulging eyes
- Grit-like sensation in the eyes
- Pain or Pressure in the eyes
- Puffy or retracted eyelids
- Reddish or inflammation of the eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Doubled vision
- Total vision loss
A rare indication of Graves’ disease, known as Graves’ dermopathy, is the thickening and flushing of the skin, frequently on the tops of the feet or the shins.
When To Go to A Doctor
Several medical conditions can cause the indications and symptoms related to Graves’ disease. See a medical professional should you experience any potential problems associated to Graves’ disease to get a quick and correct diagnosis.
Jolt PEMF Lab In Scottsdale, AZ
Jolt PEMF Lab provides critical energy the body needs to make new, healthy cells. It is a place to recharge, repair, and maintain optimal health through stimulating cellular repair. PEMF is the science of creating health and addressing the root causes of chronic disease and pain. Jolt PEMF, located in Scottsdale, AZ, simply gives your body the energy it needs to support its own natural healing. Our mission is to transform your health, body, and energy and that through results, PEMF will become the future of healthcare. Contact us for more information today!
More Articles About Health
- Physical Therapy For Lower Back Pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Vs Osteoarthritis
- What Is Cellular Health?
- What You Need To Know About Red Light Therapy For Weight Loss
- 8 Ways To Fight Depression
- How To Improve Deep Sleep With PEMF Therapy
- How To Slow Aging
- PEMF Therapy For Sports Injuries
- Red Light Therapy Pros And Cons
- PEMF Vs TENS: Similarities And Differences
- PEMF Therapy Near Me
- 10 PEMF Therapy Benefits